Thursday, December 26, 2013

Year in Review

The holiday season seemed to fly by this year. The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas sort of was a blur of travel, work, parties, friends and family and not only does it seem that this holiday season went fast, but this year! I can't believe it has been more than a year now that I have been living in New York, have been at my job and have been done with school! Time definitely is flying and even though there have been plenty of ups and downs this year, for the most part, 2013 was amazing!

As a way to look back at the year, aka getting sentimental over here... here is my version of my year in review!

C and I were lucky enough this year to be able to splurge once in awhile, and over the year we have been able to see the city and go out to some amazing dinners. As such a foodie, I obviously remember my favorite meal... should I admit to that? embarrassing?... but it was at Park Ave which is this amazing restaurant which actually remodels the entire restaurant each season to create an atmosphere that matches the food. I love everything about it!


With the start of spring there is one thing so NY, the Yankees! I admit, I am not a serious fan, I do not follow the games religiously, I do not know the players, but my boyfriend is and as a newly appointed NYer I thought I should try. So I made it out to a few games and I loved it. 


I am obsessed with all things Harry Potter, so as a spur of the moment decision while down in Florida, C and I headed over to Universal to see Harry Potter World! It was amazing and played up to all fans wildest dreams! Clearly I missed my invite to attend Hogwarts but to comfort my broken heart I grabbed up a butter beer and some every flavor beans.


One highlight of my year was getting a chance to head up to Rhode Island. I have never been up there and it was beautiful! We made a quick trip to the Vanderbilt house which had the most beautiful view!


With all the business trips I have been on this year, there have been some serious perks. One highlight from the year was a trip to Oregon which gave me the chance to eat delicious food and check out the Oregon wine country! The Oregon Pinot Noirs were DELICIOUS and the views weren't half bad either!


Time in the city has flown by and it always amazes me that I actually live here! Just wandering through the city I am always discovering new places and fun things to do. Over the summer there are a few weekends that Park Ave is shut down to traffic and people are able to ride their bikes or walk down from the Upper East to Brooklyn. I rode down and it was such a different way to see the city.


Thanksgiving in Napa with my amazing boyfriend C....Sorry gushing, maybe it's the wine talking ;)... but I haven't been to Napa in the fall in forever and it was gorgeous! All the grape leaves were orange and red, and we had such a great time checking out a few new wineries and eating delicious food.


And finally, Christmas at home in the beautiful and completely unusual 75 degree weather!


Could anyone get any happier than Shiloh is in this picture!


I wish everyone a wonderful holiday season... (yes, I know New Years is still coming- can't wait to be back in NY!)... but I hope everyone had a chance to look back on their 2013 and single everything out that made it great! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment